carpet cleaning

Discussion in 'Nitro & Tracker Owners' started by Rey Gonzalez, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Rey Gonzalez

Rey Gonzalez Well-Known Member NTOWS Member

I need to clean my carpet, what should I used? What is a good product?, Can I used Tuff Stuff (multi-purpose foam cleaner) or it has to be some kind of marine product?

2. Gilbert Scales2

Gilbert Scales2 Well-Known Member NTOWS Member

One cup white vinegar to one gallon water. Rinse your carpet with the water hose, then use a sprayer to apply solution. Let it soak for 10 minutes, then rinse. On stuborn areas use a scrub brush. I generally use the brush on the entire carpet.

Carpet cleaners leave residue that will stay in carpet. When it rains, or your boat gets wet it cleans the dirt from your shoes into your carpet. This solution will not. There isn't much vinegar won't clean.

Bubby:)

3. Scott Hammer  TOXIC

Scott Hammer TOXIC Well-Known Member NTOWS Member

Bubby is right. The key if you use anything other than vinegar is to get it out of the carpet. I will use cleaners on spots but do multiple rinses with shop vac removal in between.

4. Rey Gonzalez

Awsome, Thank You Guys :D

5. scott klaverkamp

scott klaverkamp Active Member NTOWS Member

Do yourself a favor. After cleaning and carpet is dry, apply Scotchguard protectant( in spray can). You can easily remove most stains including blood if you wipe it up right away. Been using it for years.

6. Rey Gonzalez

Let me tell you what I found when I remove my rods from the boat locker... I found green stuff on my rods and carpet, this has to be fungus or mold cause its smell like humidity... Vinegar will take care of this too? And how can I avid this from happening again?:unsure:

7. Carlos Hathcock III

Carlos Hathcock III Well-Known Member NTOWS Member

Vinegar kills all. Crack your lids open a bit, get some air movement that will help.