Welcome NitroOwners.com Members

Discussion in 'Site news' started by Okuma Steve, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Okuma Steve

Okuma Steve Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hello NTOWS Members and welcome to Transom Talk!

I'm Okuma Steve and I am one of the two admins of the site, most of you know the other, Rich Stern.

This site is basically NTOWS Version 2.0. All of your posts, threads, and accounts from NitroOwners.com have been brought over here and you should be able to login with the same info you used there. If you would like to change your username to something besides your actual name please shoot me a message and I'll get it changed for you. I am able to change your username without losing any of your posts and other info.

Transom Talk

The goal of this site is to take everything that made NitroOwners.com great and bring it into this century. We have up to date forum software now that enables countless options that were unavailable on the old site. Pictures are easy, you can private message each other, look at other's profiles, use avatars and signatures, etc. Also as a small bonus, all ntows members should have an ntows banner on their name whenever they post so everyone knows who the original members are.

Besides the technological improvements there is one other major change that I'm sure you've figured out already: the expansion of the site from just Nitro & Tracker Owners into all boat owners and anglers. There are still forums exclusively for Nitro & Tracker topics, but we've added some more forums that cover all boat owners as well.

I know the change may bother some of you but please give it a chance before making a decision on the site. All the same topics that were here before will still be here, there will just be some more stuff for other folks to look at as well.

If you have any questions about anything please post up in here and I'll answer everything as soon as possible.

Thanks, and welcome to Transom Talk!

2. Larry Morgan

Larry Morgan Member NTOWS Member

Great site, I appreciate all the work you guys put into it I know it isn't always easy. That said, I'll leave an open invitation if you ever need help with anything. I have experience with my own servers running Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP, web, email, etc.
    I fell into a lot of much needed information from the NTOWS website when I bought my first boat and it has saved me countless hours (and cash) and reduced the learning curve considerably. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

3. Okuma Steve

Thanks for the offer, I'll definitely keep it in mind for when things occasionally go haywire :D

4. Jim  Smoody

Jim Smoody Member NTOWS Member

hey guys love the new look one question? Maybe my computer too. whats with all the flickering on the page? I am not even entering anything and the it flickers. Computer doesn't do this anywhere else>>

5. Okuma Steve

Hmmm, that's strange and definitely shouldn't be happening. Is there any chance you can get a video of it somehow?

6. AirForce

AirForce Moderator Staff Member NTOWS Member

weird, doesn't do it to mine. (none of them and I have 4)

7. cq

cq Well-Known Member NTOWS Member

I am wireless, laptop, phone dock and I don't have any problems.

cq

8. AirForce

AirForce Moderator Staff Member NTOWS Member

Having worked in IT though, one thing that will cause flickering on SOME monitors is certain types of lighting with ballast, another electronic device near the monitor, anything with a motor in it nearby, etc etc. (15 years in IT - retired) Even anything with a magnet in it could be a source. How OLD is this monitor? It might be on its last legs as age will sometimes reflect in a monitor doing that right before it dies.